Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Start.

Hey everyone! Before I say anything about leaving, I first want to thank everyone who has supported me with my travels! As most of you know, these past four months have been an amazing journey. I am incredibly grateful for those who have guided me along the way spiritually and financially. This semester abroad would certainly not be possible without an awesome support system (especially the Eastern community)! Thank you. I appreciate you all so much!

In two days I will be flying across the world to THE Holy Land. I am pumped and excited and ready. My flight leaves out of Newark, NJ at 3:52 on Thursday (1/26) and I arrive at 9:40 AM (1/27) In Tel Aviv. I am getting a little anxious about the flight, so please pray it would go smoothly. The time difference is 8 hours ahead, so it will definitely take some getting used to! From there, I meet up with some students and we will take a sherut (taxi) to the beautiful Jerusalem University College.

I am excited to keep this blog and share what I will be learning. Not only do I want to keep everyone updated, I also hope to educate readers about the culture, geography, and history of Israel. This is the best way to stay posted, as I will not be using Facebook on a regular basis. I am ready for this semester and cannot wait to see what God has for me. Thank you for the prayers, I feel so encouraged! I will send updates after I arrive!

Oh, and a little music to set the tone :)

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for your flight girl! love youuu<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara, you are leaving in LESS THAN 6 HOURS! Gah, I'm so excited for you to embark on this academic and spiritual journey! God's going to do so many amazing things in your life, and I can't wait to hear about them! I will have so much fun following your blog! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete